TTTS Update 01.10.18 – Waiting

Quick update since we don’t know much more since last night.

This morning we were scanned again. BOTH babies are STILL ALIVE and look good considering the circumstances. Baby B (who was our donor twin) now has a visible bladder, but also developed slight heart trouble. Baby A (our recipient and the one who’s water broke) is still doing well and her heart has improved.

Our doctor confirmed that the surgery looks like it was completely successful and TTTS has been stopped. Our twins had 4 serious connections that they fixed. Then they finished the procedure by doing a technique that covers the entire placenta and they found one more connection! PRAISE GOD that it was found!!

Right now we have slim chances of having two live babies. We do have the chance of seeing a live baby B, but she would probably come extremely early (24 weeks) and have severe problems and time in the NICU.

Our doctor has offered, and we have accepted, an experimental procedure. This has only been preformed on a handful of TTTS patients (like a few dozen) who had my same complications (1.7% of the women who have the laser ablation surgery). This procedure offers a 63% success rate. Should it be successful, our babies would BOTH have a very good chance to live. We said yes to this experiment because it is very low risk for very high benefits (should it work).

It will take about one week to know if they surgery was a success.

Praises

1. That they found the last tiny, hidden blood vessel connection in the corner of my placenta.
  2. That there IS an experimental treatment that they can try.

Prayer Requests

1. That I wouldn’t go into labor tonight and lose both.
  2. That our procedure (9:00 A.M. 01.11.18) would be completely successful and God would guide the surgeons hands.
  3. That twin A’s sac heals completely.
  4. That God gives grace and strength to Nate, myself, and the family/friends around us.
  5. That God preforms a miracle.

14 Responses to TTTS Update 01.10.18 – Waiting

1. kevin lewis says:

We are praying constantly for you, Nate and your babies!
    Love, Dad

2. Jennie Hatch says:

So glad the girls still have a chance. Our group will keep praying🙏
    Modern medicine is some kind of miracle!

3. Cherrie Case says:

We are also continually praying for you all!

4. Cherrie Case says:

We are also continually praying for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Regina Lennox says:

Hannah,
    We are all praying and sharing your story.
    Blessings to you, Nate, Fern, Eden and Everly.

Love,
    Regina Lennox

6. Carol Locke says:

Continuing in prayer for your sweet family and those precious twins!!

7. Holly says:

Hi, we are friends of your family in TN. Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you. I hope this encourages you that many are praying for you that you may not even be aware of. God cares for you and he will hold you in his hands no matter what the outcome. But my prayer now is for God to protect and uphold both babies and Mom. “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think…” prayers for you today!

8. Sue says:

Praying for you, and anxiously awaiting updates.

9. Jenn JG says:

I have been following along, thinking of you and hoping you the BEST! Hang in there mama!

10. Dawn Bailey says:

Hi Hannah,
    I am praying so fervently for you and your babies.
    Love,
    Mrs. Dawn (The Baileys – from our days back in Eustis)

11. Alissa says:

Praying for you! I understand what you’re going thru. This Jan 29th will mark 2 years since I had the ablation surgery in Denver for our twins. I was at 26 w 2 day, one of the latest cases they’ve performed on but without it the twins had a 5% chance of survial. It was the hardest times of our life but God brought us thru and we really learned how to trust HIM! Praying you can rest in His peace, knowing He’s working it all out for your good and His Glory!

12. Tora Hammonds says:

Hi, I stumbled across your Instagram by chance. I completely understand what you are going through, I am currently pregnant and in the 19th week of my pregnancy some of my genetics came back with some unexpected results. I cried and prayed so hard about it to good. Just went to the doctor about two weeks ago and they told me that everything looked great! You and BOTH of your babies are going to be alright because the power in prayer and the power in God is almighty! Like I told my husband our baby will be fine, he is just stubborn and had to make his birth story interesting. That’s all your beautiful girls are doing. I’m praying for your family! Get ready to be a family of 5!

13. Cathy S. says:

Dear ones,
    We are consistently praying for you and your babies. I am friends of a friend you have in TN. We are praying without ceasing!

14. Ashton Behnken says:

Hi Hannah,
    I am praying hard for you and your family!
    I just want to tell you that my twin sister and i are both TTTS survivors! 22 years ago born prematurely, but we both made it PTL. I have no doubt that God can save your babies! My family sends love from SETX 💛