10 Things Only My Hubby Knows About Me

When I was 12, I found myself living every kid’s worst nightmare. I had just been introduced to an elderly relative’s friend. As all of my cousins ran outside to play I had somehow been singled out to stay inside and talk with this sweet old lady (something I now love!). As I gazed outside and imagined myself getting dirty or maybe climbing a tree, I heard my new aquaintance say, “So, tell me about yourself.” I of course, said the first thing that popped into my mind, “Well I’m not very interesting.”

Since then I’ve led a very interesting life. I don’t really think about it until I’m talking to someone else and they make one of the usual comments, “that’s really weird”, “are you serious”, “I can’t imagine.” From my childhood, to getting married at 19, and now having twins, I guess my life hasn’t been super mainstream.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m super grateful to be where I am now. God has been gracious.

When I had my TTTS surgery, I apparently told my anesthesiologist my life story and Nate and I’s entire love story. Even though I was drugged, I remember her prodding me on and asking more questions. When surgery was over and I was coming to, I heard her saying goodbye. She also told me to pursue my dreams and that Nate and I’s love story was like a hallmark movie. What did I say?!?! Haha.

So, if you’re new to the blog and our family, here are 10 things about me that I promise you didn’t know. (Family and friends may already know a few. Sorry y’all.)

1. Nate and I didn’t kiss until the day we got married. No, you didn’t misread that. More to come.

2. I have an imagination to rival that of J. R. R. Tolkien. It all started when I was 2-years-old. My mom gave me a time out on my bed with absolutely nothing on it. When she came back I yelled out, “Mom! Look at this party!”

3. My husband calls me “The Agressive Friend Maker.” When we moved to Texas we only knew two people. I needed friends so badly and every young mom was a potential new BFF. Two of my new best friends came from totally casual encounters at Starbucks and Chick-fil-a. They’ve been a huge blessing in my life.

4. I was a regular Tom Sawyer when I was little. When I was maybe 10, I got into trouble. Not sure what I did, but the consequence was to water the entire yard. Front, back, and gardens. Just 5 minutes in, I decided this was just not for me. As the neighbor kids came by, I convinced them that I was having the time of my life. In the next 5 minutes, I had 6 other kids paying me to do a relay race to water everything.

5. So far in life my proudest moment was giving birth to Fern WITHOUT an epidural. Nothing has ever come close.

6. My worst fear is water. Seriously. Deep dark water is what gives me the chills. When I was 16 I mustered up the courage and went snorkeling in 500 foot deep waters to spear hunt fish. EEEEEEK.

7. I never went to college. Long story here too. I wish I had that degree, but I love staying home with my daughter and I have not one, but two jobs. I blog (that’s a real job, right?) and teach piano lessons.

8. I’ve loved Nate since I was 16 years old, but by the time I was 18, I had only seen him twice and actually said the words, “I hope he dies of a broken heart.”

9. My favorite outing is honestly Starbucks. If I can sip on my fave drink AND hang out with Fern or a friend, there’s not much better.

10. I’d go live in a tiny house tomorrow. Fern, twins, and all. I’ve never been super into material things for the sake of having them. I am a recovering hoarder though. My dream is simple living. Three kids. Maybe horses. Less stuff and more adventure.

Thanks for reading y’all. Subscribe and follow along.

14 Comments

Tags:

Category: ABOUT US, RANDOM

14 Responses to 10 Things Only My Hubby Knows About Me

1. Cecilia Durso says:

I know Nate from St Andrew’s but haven’t had the privilege and blessing of meeting you. I started praying for u and your daughters. Your blog is giving me the chance to know you, thank you for opening your ❤️.
    Love in Christ
    Cealy Durso

• Hannah says:

Oh that’s so nice. Nate really enjoyed his time at St. Andrews. Thank you so much for the prayers. Certainly! I love blogging and sharing.

2. Brook Noble says:

Beautiful post and pictures, Hannah! It was fun to learn more about you and I definitely agree with “less stuff and more adventure.” It’s so rewarding to pursue simplicity and focus on experiences! Praying for your family! <3

• Hannah says:

Thanks Brooke!
      Right?! There’s so much more to life than stuff.
      And congrats on your blog! Great job!

3. Heidi Swartzentruber says:

I loved this post! Good getting to know you a bit. 😊

My husband and I also did not kiss until our wedding day. I do not regret it!

And I am also terrified of deep dark water. Unfortunately I married into a family of fish who do not understand my fear of the lake.

And yes to the feeling of pride in delivering a baby without an epidural. It will always feel like such an ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Your lawn watering story made me laugh. 😄 You were quite the kid!
    Love following your story!

• Hannah says:

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Really? Good for y’all. I have kind of mixed feelings on it myself. It actually wasn’t my decision.

Haha! Right!? It’s the worst. Just tell them you’ll have a panic attack.

Have you had a baby epidural free too?! Wow! We are so similar. Crazy.

I was just a little insane. When I used to be a nanny I could keep my kids sitting there for an hour just telling them stories.

4. Collette Ellenberger says:

I know a couple of your 10 things, but that’s about it. Really enjoyed reading them, Hannah. You are an absolutely beautiful person inside and outside. God has certainly blessed you, Nate, Fern and your, soon-to-be twin girls, Eden and Everly. Love to all of you, Aunt Coco

5. Carrie Knight says:

Very interesting read! Somehow I stumbled upon your story on instagram and have started following you. I have been and will contine to pray for your family. Fern is such a cute girl and I love her name. 🙂

6. Charis says:

Such a fun post!

we waited for kissing too… 🙂

and yes to birthing without an epidural…I was in the 7% at the hospital that didn’t have an epidural when birthing. The nurse hardly knew what to do with me after birth. It was rather funny. 🙂 and I was thrilled mostly for the miracle that it happened and not a C-section like they told us to expect due to her small size.

• Hannah says:

Oh thank you!

Really? Is that something you are glad you did?

Oh that’s awesome that you were able to do it too! What an amazing thing! Natural birth saved us from an C-section too.

7. Rachel says:

Such a great post! My hubby and I didn’t kiss till our wedding day either! And I was nineteen (he was twenty two) when we got married!
    I also gave birth med-free, am terrified of water, and don’t have a college degree. I’m also in love with the cozy-minimalist lifestyle and have been adopting it over the last year. I think we would get along rather well. 😉

• Hannah says:

Oh thanks friend. So you really know what our story was like!
      So fun! I’ve loved “meeting” other amazing people through this blog. It’s been a fun side benefit. To bad you don’t live in Lubbock!